Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shay Aaron: Miniature Food

Who doesn't love food? I mean food is the whole basis of our lives. Some people eat to live, but I like to think I live to eat. Sad but true. I wouldn't consider myself a Foodie but I really do like food a little too much. Food art has been around for awhile from paintings to installations to toys. Remember those miniature erasers that came in various forms and objects, particularly food? Shay Aaron's miniature sculptures reminded me of just that. These amazingly detailed pieces are made on a very small 1:12 scale. They are precise in detail and pretty realistic. I'm drooling just looking at some of the images below. They leave me speechless.

photo via Shay Aaron































Look at these close-ups of the sculptures. You can clearly see the scale photographed next to the fingers. If the fingers weren't there, I would be easily fooled into thinking these were real foods about to be photographed for an ad or something. These sculptures portray every detail and likeness of the items themselves. They are miniature but they do not lack any charm or characteristics of the real thing. They capture the color and texture combination just right enough to trick your mind.
photo via Shay Aaron























photo via Shay Aaron




















photo via Shay Aaron
























Here's a cake photographed next to a penny. Take out a penny and imagine the size of this sculpture. Just incredible isn't it? The texture in the cake is just unbelievable. It looks like a fun sized candy bar sliced up into pieces.
photo via Shay Aaron




























This gingerbread house has to be one of my favorites. I always loved making gingerbread houses as a kid. This just brings me back to my childhood and a happier time. Along with the astonishing details and accuracy, these sculptures bring a sense of whimsical. They are miniature which makes them fun. Just looking at these as a collection brings me joy. Who couldn't use a little pick-me-up in their daily lives? These could brighten any day no matter the situation. So check out the rest of Shay Aaron's fancy food sculptures and don't be fooled by their look, they are NOT edible!
photo via Shay Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment