Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everyone Loves Donuts

So I've been trying to eat healthier, but my one downfall is donuts. I mentally and physically cannot say, "no I don't want a donut." So please don't offer me any. Donuts have been one of my favorite breakfast/dessert items since I was little. It was in every corner and in every store. They were cheap and fast for the morning rush. The worst part about this obsession is my favorite donut which is maple bacon. Who doesn't love sweet and salty? So bad, but so good. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

photo via Rakuten global market




























Donut Toy

Gigantic Donut Pool Float
photo via fredflare.com




























Ready for Summer? This pool floaty is super adorable. It puts a spin on the traditional pool float and makes it more whimsical and eye-catching. The frosting and sprinkles are a classic look for the donut. Looks so delicious someone took a bite out of it. You'll totally look sweet sitting in this thing.

Donut Lego
photo via Bruce Lowell




























Remember this? Bruce Lowell's food Lego sculpture of a donut is whimsy and unique. If you squint your eyes, you'd see a fluffy chocolate sprinkle donut. The colorful sprinkles have to be my favorite part about this piece. It adds that extra detail that complete the sculpture and make it believable.

Donut in Fashion
photo via Pretty Stuff





















Donuts are not only for eating. They are quite inspirational in the fashion industry. Check out this donut bun. It's literally a twist on the hair updo. It adds a sense of smart sophistication to your style.

photo via Kiss and MakeUp


















photo via Su Pa Nails
















These two photos above remind me of The Simpsons, mainly Homer. The pink sprinkle donut is his signature donut, every Simpsons fan should know that. The lips and nails are sparkly and super cute enough to be edible. These are a fresh take on the donut and make your look brighter and more fun.


Donut Accessories



















photo via Calourette
























photo via DCI


































In my opinion donuts are way cooler than the mustache. I may get some haters, but look at these accessories. How can you not love donuts. They are colorful, whimsical, and are a symbol of your childhood. These brightly colored accessories will add color to your outfits and make you more youthful and playful.

Handsewn Donut
photo via Two Cheese Please





















Seeing stuff like this really makes me wish I knew how to sew. I'm the worst at craftsmanship. If I tried to make this, I'd stab myself continuously with the needle and it'd probably look like someone ran it over. No joke. But this handsewn donut is incredibly adorable. I'd love a dozen of these delivered to me in a pink box. It'll definitely make me happy and keep me on track with my healthy diet. In the end, I still want a donut and wish I had a donut making machine. This way I could secretly eat donuts while others are asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment