Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Love Rainbow

Hello all! I have this thing where I dislike questionnaires/questions and not being able to give a single straight-forward answer. The one I loathe the most is "What's your favorite color?" It's a simple question with many answers. I can't say I like or dislike any particular color over another. Being a designer, I have learned to use and appreciate every color in the rainbow. So I guess rainbow is a suitable alternate answer. I mean who doesn't love the concept and visual of a rainbow? Every time I see a rainbow, I'm just in awe of it's mysteriousness and natural beauty. You're able to see and define every color of the color spectrum. When these bright, saturated colors shine through our every day lives, we tend to feel more cheerful and joyous. It's not something you're used to seeing daily. So why not incorporate the rainbow into your every day life? And yes, it's easier than you'd think.


Rainbow Necklace
photo via Mixko




























What better way to brighten up your day as well as others around you than to wear a rainbow. Mixko designed this lovely ribbon rainbow necklace entitled "Here Comes The Sun Necklace." The addiction of the white dove breaks up the static ribbons of the rainbow and creates an asymmetrical focal point. If this doesn't brighten up your day when you see it, then I don't know what will.

Rainbow Jello
photo via The Food Librarian




















I love rainbow jello. It reminds me of home since my aunt makes it for every special occasion. Food is more fun with colors. Single colored jello is good alone, but creating massive colorful layered jello is more attractive visually and the combination of flavors it creates is distinct and yummy. If you aren't familiar with layered jello, the white is actual a milk layer making this jello creamy and fruity. You can get the recipe here.

Rainbow Cake with Natural Dyes
photo via Itsy Bitsy Foodies


























Ahh rainbow cake..the memories. Rainbow cake is such a surprising cake to make when others are unaware of it. The reaction when they first cut into it and see the colorful layers is priceless. I mean, anyone can make a single-colored cake. So having a rainbow cake shows more thought and effort. Not saying a single colored, single layered cake is bad in any way. Many debate the use of dyes in food coloring. This rainbow cake from Itsy Bitsy Foodies uses natural dyes made from fruits and vegetables. Pretty neat if you ever wonder about chemical food colorings. Don't worry, these natural colorings won't dramatically alter the taste of the cake. It'll just give it an extra special, naturally fresh taste.

Rainbow Heart Cookie
photo via Sugar Rush Cookies






















Heart, rainbow, cookie. What better combination. And what better way to show your love for the rainbow than this cookie. Sugar Rush Cookies created these rainbow heart cookies and they are around the best symbol to represent love for the rainbow. I absolutely adore this for the sheer fact that it's simple yet bold. It's a statement cookie and anyone would be lucky to receive some of these.

Rainbow Soap Pop
photo via Callse Soapworks






















When I saw these soap bars, I was extremely ecstatic. The sight of ice pops makes me excited. These soap bar pops are deliciously whimsical. Who wouldn't want to bathe with ice pop soap bars? You can drip these soap pops and don't need to worry about the mess. That's a win-win in my opinion. You can purchase these here. Buy them all for the complete rainbow effect.

Handmade Rainbow Toys and Bowls
photo via Mama May i


photo via Mama May i


















photo via Mama May i

























Mama May i is what kid's dream. They create hand-made, educational toys for kids. What I like about these product are the bright, saturated colors which attend to younger kids. They teach children their colors and shapes and gives them a chance to discover the world around them. What better way to explore the world than to play and learn?

At the end of the day, when someone asks you "what is your favorite color?" take some time to think about it. Everyone has their color preferences, but remember it's okay to say rainbow. I'm pretty indecisive so rainbow will be my answer. Combining all these bright colors into your daily life will definitely make you more joyous, loving, and adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment