Monday, July 2, 2012

Animal Inspired Nails

I've been a late bloomer to nail polish, in particularly nail art design. All those wasted years of unpainted nails still haunt me. I don't know how I managed to live with nude nails. Nail polish is an artistic expression. It's the most versatile accessory one could wear. It can match one's mood, outfit, or personality. To this day I can't do elaborate nail designs. I have the Konad stamper and that's as creative as I can manage. I love browsing for skillful and detailed nail designs. Sorry for being a little late or maybe even a couple years late, but who can deny the beauty of nail art. They have a timeless classic look that can transcend time. It shows personality and adds character. Doesn't matter if these are a few years old, they are still amazing and breathe-taking.

photo via Nail Art Eyepolish




























If you don't already know, my all-time favorite animal is the giraffe. When I saw this adorable nail design, I was blown away. It was probably the first time I'd seen the use of all the nails on one hand to create a singe image. I even tried to figure out how this was done. My fingers don't even bend the way this does. This is creativity at its finest.

photo via Secret of Beauty






















This lion nail art design is just breathe-taking. The details are just astonishing. I'm not even capable of drawing a straight line let alone a lion. You'd have to be ambidextrous just to attempt this. The design of this set is balanced with an equal amount of "black and white" or whole painted nails and partial painted. This creates a sophisticated look, yet it still says fun and flirty.

Penguine Nails Animal Nail Design Kawaii Nail Blog
photo via Hawaii Kawaii




























Who doesn't love penguins? These penguin nails scream cute. Everything from the simple shapes to the baby color palette blend nicely to create these adorable penguins. These nails are bold and colorful. Perfect for Spring and Summer. Imagine the looks and compliments you would get with these. They are full of personality and are definitely a conversation starter.
photo via The Daily Nail






















Bacon nail art? Now I've seen everything. Did you get my reference to animals in this set of nail art design? Bacon comes from pigs and I thought this was way more clever than just pink pigs. I have a wicked sense of humor and I thought this was pretty much in line with the category. Nails are a part of our daily lives. They are physically attached to us and are an easy outlet used to express ourselves. They should be seen and utilized as an accessory. Dress them up, dress them down. Paint them bold and unique. Your nails shouldn't be ignored. So at the end of the day, don't be caught with an unpainted set of nails. You'll never know what conversation you'll miss out on or what lesson you'd learn. I'm going to continue to work on my skills in nail design and hopefully can become as masterful to try to attempt stuff like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment