Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY Stash Book

I've always been fond of secret stash books or hollow spy books. If you aren't familiar with these, they're basically books on the exterior with a hollow interior. They're made to look like actual books to blend in with other books on a shelf, but have a secret compartment on the inside. It's a pretty neat idea to hide things you don't want others to see or find. I've always wanted one but they're kind of pricey for me. I'm not big on spending money on stuff I can find or make myself. So I had to look into this and I actually found a way to make my very own secret stash book!

photo via How To Do Stuff






















I found the D.I.Y. on How To Do Stuff. The steps are clear and easy to follow. Here's a list of what you'll need:

-Hardcover Book
-Elmer's White Glue
-Container to Hold Glue Solution
-X-acto Knife/Box Cutter
-Brush
-Ruler
-Pencil/Pen

The materials needed are essentials or ones you could easily find at any arts/crafts or office supply store. The hardcover book is a little harder to find, but they can be found cheaper at thrift stores or yard sales. The key is finding a book cover that attracts your eye. This is going to be sitting on your book shelf. You want it to blend in with your other books, not stick out. Make sure it goes well with other books on your shelf. You don't want it to stand out in a good way or bad. This will make the concept of the book useless. Next you want to look for book size. Depending on what you want to stash, pick a book size appropriate to what you want to use it for. After that, just follow the steps on how to cut and glue the compartment here. Have fun and hide away!

No comments:

Post a Comment