Friday, July 13, 2012

Visual Macarons

Happy Friday the 13th! I hope everything went well today and you didn't see any black cats wandering around. That's if you're superstitious. When I was younger, Friday the 13th was a big deal. I would spend the day watching Friday the 13th movies. It was like a tradition for me. Now that I'm older, it's just another ordinary day. I still love the movies, but the date Friday the 13th doesn't mean something horrible is going to happen to me or others around me. It's just another day of mystery and fun, just like everyday should be.

Anyways, I've been a little slow to jump on the macaron bandwagon. I've seen people raving over them for a long time now, but I never understood the big deal about them. They're small in size and quite pricey. But I had my first macaron a couple months ago and finally understood the madness around them. Now I'm hooked. Macarons are not only tasty, they look adorable and perfect. Sometimes too good to eat. Some more than others.

dougharons-22
photo via Raspberri Cupcakes


















dougharons-5
photo via Raspberri Cupcakes


























No one can forget my love for the donut. They are my all-time top favorite breakfast item/dessert/anytime snack. When I saw these macarons from Raspberri Cupcakes that resembled the donut, I wanted some. They are creative and incredibly adorable. The best part is that the recipe is there for everyone to try to recreate. I'm not big on baking so I'm not even going to attempt this. But for all those adventurous bakers, give this a try. I've never seen a macaron that broke away from the norm and this one macaron initiated my search for other unique macarons out there.

photo via Not So Humble Pie



























photo via Not So Humble Pie

























I grew up in California and my food choices are pretty much all-American. I love burgers and fries. The cheeseburger is my go-to food choice and I even buy them from donut stores and Mexican fast food places. So I was even more ecstatic when I saw these than the donut macarons. The concept is brilliant and the ingredients are as fun and whimsy as the end result. This macaron consists of almond, chocolate, coconut flakes and real sesame seeds. It may not taste like a burger, but imagine what it would taste like. Your mind and taste buds will surely have some mixed reactions when you bite into it. If you're not brave enough to try these burger macarons, check out Not So Humble blog for more yummy recipes. I hope this made you hungry because I could go for a macaron just about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment