Thursday, July 19, 2012

Write-On Decals

Recently I've bought a few write-on wall decals for my room. I'm in the middle of cleaning up and redecorating. It's been slow but I'm working towards a cluttered-free creative room. That's where the decals come in. They're actually pretty basic but I can cut them to shape. I didn't know exactly what I wanted so I bought the dry erase and the chalkboard decals. I found them both enjoyable and witty but leaned more towards the chalkboard decals. Both chalkboards and dry erase boards come with a certain feeling. They both personally remind me of school and the different phases of it. Chalkboards bring me back to elementary school or a simpler time. A time where I was carefree and had no responsibilities. Dry erase boards are more high school/college days and this was usually writing out math solutions. You see why I leaned towards the chalkboard. These chalkboard decals are for the young at heart. They'll bring you back to a simpler time and who wouldn't love to feel like a kid again?
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TheCompanyStore/DECAL_740105A_AK12?$zoom08$
photo via Company Kids


























http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TheCompanyStore/STICKER_74024A_RK10?$zoom08$
photo via Company Kids


























http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/TheCompanyStore/DECAL_74106A_EK12?$zoom08$
photo via Company Kids


























In deciding what shapes to cut my square decals, I started looking up other chalkboard decals. In doing so I found Company Kids. Their decals are pretty neat, clever and creative. The style is geared for younger kids, but with chalkboard decals, I think they can fit any age. I mean anyone can enjoy a cupcake chalkboard on their wall. Age is just a number! These decals are whimsical and can brighten up any room with the interactive qualities of them.
photo via Trendy Wall Designs



























I found these monster decals to be absolutely adorable. I'm a huge fan of cute cartoon monsters and these were just what I needed to see. Another thing I like about shaped chalkboard decals is that they are essentially silhouette decals. They can look clean and fresh when not drawn on. Then can instantly change the mood and feel of a room when you draw on them. The interactive quality is what initially drew me to these decals.
photo via Bathroom Decorating



























Who can forget about the moustache? It's still a trendy topic and I always love a good looking moustache. Place a couple of these chalkboard decals up for the sole purpose of brightening up your wall with something funny and trending. These will definitely make you feel and look younger and "hipper." Trending items are more than just what's in at a certain point in time. They are a symbol of a generation, a theme of an ageless class. They make consumers up-to-date with life and their surroundings. Once something is popular, they'll be seen everywhere. Why not add them to your walls for the simple joy of that. Celebrate life as it is. Live WITH the moment and not just in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment