Saturday, March 17, 2012

Coat Hangers

Hello there again and a Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you didn't forget to wear green today. I actually forgot, but still managed to get some really cool green ketchup from Burger King. It was quite an eventful day. So I've been looking at hangers today and came upon some pretty unique hangers that I haven't even seen before. I'm kind of boring with my small closet so I have ordinary white hangers. But if I had a ginormous closet, I would definitely get some of the hangers below. For now, I can only dream about them and their beauty.

Wood Hangers
photo via PapiLuc

photo via Designboom






































































I've always been a fan of nature and the outdoors, but I've never been the outdoorsy type. I think I just like the visual and beauty of nature rather than the actual atmosphere. For example, I love trees and the look of them. But the thought of dirt and bugs just turn me away from nature. So I've always love the concept of bringing the outdoors indoors by reusing and recycling. These hangers shown above do just that. They bring all the beauty of the outdoors into your living space without having the unwanted bugs and dirt that come with actual trees. Plus they're eco-friendly and stunning.


Chair Hangers
photo via Designboom





















I believe in not wasting. I love to recycle and reuse items I no longer need into something more useful. Antonello Fusè designed a series of coat hangers called Abitudini that are created by using old backings of chairs. This concept is distinctive and impressive. Although they don't look exactly the same, there's a shared brilliance about them. They can be used together and still be considered a collection.


Paper Clip Shaped Hanger
photo via Yanko Design











































Out of all these hangers, this paper clip shaped hanger has to be my favorite. They're compact and can easily fit into smaller closets. Along with being flat, clothes can hang freely on them no matter what they are as seen in the above illustration. They're a simple way to geek up your closest without going too over-the-top.

Character Wire Hanger
photo via TellOurStoryToo






















So I thought this character wire hanger was pretty cool even though I wouldn't fill a whole closet full of them. I think they work better as a single piece that stands out in a closet. Every closet needs a focal piece and I think this hanger would do an amazing job at presenting your favorite piece of clothing. No matter what kind of hanger you use, make sure they represent you and your personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment