Friday, March 23, 2012

Rainbow Cake=Childhood Dream!

I don't need to tell you about my love for cake seeing how I love to eat, especially sweets. Kaitlin Flannery over at Whisk Kid blog made my childhood dream come true with her rendition of a colorful rainbow cake. This made the kid in me giddy with joy. Each layer is baked individually then stacked on top of one another. It's a time consuming process, but as you can see, the results are well worth it. As a kid I was a big fan of anything that entailed the colors of the rainbow. It was a reminder of crayons, colored pencils, and markers. These were pretty much my favorite tools back in the day. My favorite part about this cake is what's unforeseen. Like anything well-designed, the surprise factor is key to making things memorable and desirable. Imagine cutting into what seems like an all white cake and then abruptly seeing rainbow. This brings a whimsical element that can brighten any occasion!

photo via Whisk Kid




























You can find the complete recipe here, and below is a time-lapse process video.

No comments:

Post a Comment